BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO POST IT IN THE WRONG PLACE FIRST TIME ROUND!

Hi i have just bought one of these and on the way home noticed some problems (as normal!) one of them is all the dash lights and instrument lights turn on and off as they please, usually after going over a bump or using the indicators, i know this is probably a loose connection somewhere but just wondering if anyone else has had it and knows what is usually the cause if its common. I have tried wiggling the dimmer switch but this wont bring them back on, thumping the dash does though! At some point the whole dash is going to have to come out as the heater matrix or o-rings are leaking so then would be an ideal time to tackle this!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine it must be the plugs as the gauges work fine and when the lights to out all of them on the dash do not just the instruments

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried that and using the dimmer fully bright and fully dim with no luck it's more annoying than a problem cos when they go off at the most it's only about 3 seconds!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey

i have the exact same problem... did you ever fix it???
my whole dash goes out then back on a few seconds later,,,
this all started after i opend up the panel under the steering wheel to check the brake pedal switch...help me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.