BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as mention in another thread i've just bought this and as usual have some problems! This is fitted with the automatic climate control (3 buttons for air distribution not sliders and 3 horizontal wheels for fan and heat control left and right) and i have no control over the heater on either side the heater is stuck on hot or somewhere near there! Does anyone know if this is likely to be the control valve under the bonnet or some electrical unit in the dash? If it makes a difference the heater control for the drivers side doesn't light up with the lights. Again the time to do this if its inside the car will be when i do the heater matrix!! :frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I've got an idea now how many bits are in the system! And that it seems rather complicated! And I wish Id bought one that worked now!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
heater stuck on hot its likely to be the valve under the bonnet. try operating the heater control (fully hot then fully cold) with the ignition on but engine off, see if you can hear a buzzing sound as if a motor is trying to turn, that motor could be the heater control valve under the bonnet. the light out on the heater control is probably a blown bulb.:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried it and can't hear a motor whirring so I assume that means it is the valve? Are these as much fun as an e36 6cyl to bleed or are these easier?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.