BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i was looking for some help.I have just swaped my cloth interior, none electric , for black leather heated and electric seats, however i have a problem.I was told and found that under the seat is the wiring for electric seats, when i came to look this is correct, well half correct.there was only one wire with a plug not the two as the seat requires. I carried on and installed them hoping it was just the heated wire that wasnt there. but the seats do not work at all and the seats are stuck right forward and being 6ft 1 i cant fit in, only the missus does:sarcastic
So i was wonderin if any one has done this them selfs and managed to make them work.if i cant get them to work i will have to sell them for no electric and i will be gutted as the seats are perfect and look brand new.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
You were rightly told the wiring is there but not told that you have to purchase a seperate wiring harness to connect the seats up to the car power. These harnesses are available at £35 each side for E34's built after 09/93, or £55 each side if they were built before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get them from the dealer ALONSO14. It's best to take your chassis no. with you so that they can get the right one for you :thumbsup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having trouble gettin these wires as the bmw garage i went to looked at me as tho i was an alien, i know im from Wigan......
Does anyone know the part number as i have got the number i think it is but dont want to order it before i have seen that they are the correct part.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts