BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I bought this 525i a couple of weeks ago only done 84K and I noticed it was running rough, I changed the plugs and found the plug on cylinder 5 was completely clean like brand new. I swapped the ingition coil with pot no 1 and it ran like a dog. Swapped it all back and changed the coil on pot 5. improved slightly but it is still missing, its worse between 2000 and 2500 revs. Could it be the injector?

·
Banned
478 Posts
As neal says air leaks are a likely culprit... also, it might be worth getting the fault codes read....:thumbsup

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think is the coil...test the coil....take the coil off but to be conected, plug in the coil a old sparkplug and start the engine and afther that but very very carfuly try to go close with the sparkplug to the car ground (any metal part i used the nut that keaps the coil) and check the spark...must be 2-3cm...if u are in doubt copared (the spark) with other spark from other coil...

regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.