BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the recent cold weather the interior lights started to come on / go off at regular intervals until the battery was completely dead. Having got into the car by removing the boot lid light and jumping the from there, I am now charging up the battery again.

But the interior lights will not go off!

Is ther something I can reset?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ronnie, but more problems/symptoms now as the battery is being recharged:

1. I removed the fuse below the rear seat for the interior lights and will come back that problem later.

2. This evening I noticed that the hazard flashers operated intermittently and regularly - presumably the alarm, although it has never worked in the 18 months I have had the vehicle; and there is no audible warning. I've had to disconnect the battery (now charged) to stop them. Again is there a reset for this one instead? There is no remote locking fob, and I am still intrigued by the little red button on the fascia which I am told is more trouble than it's worth, although its use have never been explained to me . . .

:confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
That fixed it! Many thanks for the tip. I also then re-inserted the fuse for the interior lights and they are now behaving themsleves also.

Excellent news, well done Ronnie:thumbsup

Thanks for keeping us posted Megavolt:thumbsup

Is it safe to add a (FIXED) to the thread title?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not quite . . .

Now I have a starting problem (maybe a new thread), where I drained the battery which is now back on charge . . .

but . . .interior lights are now back on.

They did previously go off when I locked the doors with c/l but now are back on. When the battery is recharged, I'll try the same fix as Ronnie suggested again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, this may be relevant here, when I bought my 740 the interior light on the drivers side C pillar wasn't working, on inspection I could see the bulb loose in the case. I removed the c pillar to find that the metal contact in which the bulb is supposed to sit had was also loose (due to heat the plastic had gone brittle and broken which secures it).
I managed to secure the contact and then the bulb carefully and lo and behold the interior light began working again but wouldn't go off!
The problem was that the two earth wires in the C-pillar light were touching each other, I insulated these two connections and everything works fine again.
Hope this is of some help.
Please note though when removing the C pillar lights to inspect they clip in place, the top edge must be loosened first and then they fold down and can be lifted up and out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.