BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help ?
my cars been cutting out on me the past few days and yesterday luckerly the dme relay started buzzing which helped narrow things down after cleaning the spark plugs, checking for any air leaks, cleaning the maf out ect after reading up ona few threads on here i pulled the ecu out and it was dripping wet.

anyone know how this has happened ? and how to prevent this from happened again ?

ive left the ecu out wrapped it in a towel and plan on leaving it for 2 days to dry out and see if that sorts it out. if it still wont run right will a new ecu from scrappy work ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers fella's but i got impatient and tryed the ecu back in there before and the car starts and runs fine for 5 mins then starts sounding rough abit like its hunting for something... that cant be the ecu can it ? maybe a sensor ? any suggestions ive allready cleaned the maf.... checked the spark plugs they seem to be ok

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tryed it again first thing this morning and so far so good had her running for 45 mins with no problems am guessing it just needed more time to dry out fingers crossed hopefully thats the end of it now .... cheers for advive anyway dude :thumbsup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunetly the car whilst in the p***ing down rain just completely died on me again guessing its wet again ....can anyone give me a rough idea where the drainage hole might be couldnt for the life of me find it :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.