BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right after reading the BMW website and a few others it really doing my head in where the whining is coming from it dont change volume or anything unless im accelerating and it doesnt change when going round corners or when i change gear it stays the same when im cruisung and starts at bout 10 mph ive had a new diff put aside for me but i read it would change as pressure would change in the gears on the diff and i got a new rear wheel bearing to be replaced but i read that whine changes as you load and unload the wheel that the bearing would have gone would the output bearing on the diff make the same noise or what cause i dont wanna spend time doing it and then it aint no better after changing diffs and wheel bearings i'd rather spend my time changing what is actually wrong lol

Cheers in advance

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
rear wheel bearing on the way out by the sounds of things
2nded try lifting the rear of the car and checking for play with the wheel...pull it as if you're trying to take it off if it moves then duff wheel bearing...and sooner rather than later or you'll be replacing more than just a bearing :frown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts