BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to find a rocker cover gasket for my 325i and they list them for vanos models and non vanos models, spoke to eurocarparts and the guy was cluless and couldn't answer the question.

It's a 1992 K reg (first reg 06/11/92), this was around the time they changed them if i am correct, any idea what to look for to check?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just trying to find a rocker cover gasket for my 325i and they list them for vanos models and non vanos models, spoke to eurocarparts and the guy was cluless and couldn't answer the question.

It's a 1992 K reg (first reg 06/11/92), this was around the time they changed them if i am correct, any idea what to look for to check?

Thanks

Andy

when you are standing at the front of the car and llok at the cylinder head cover (facing rad end)..is it Black like the rest rocker cover or metal?

If its metal- its Vanos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
o.k i understand now, ill go and and take a look when it stops raining

ive taken a look and mine is metallic, but it does not have the cylindrical bit at the front, is that bit at the very front of the cover the vanos system?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies guys, yes it's non vanos, by about a month i think, ive been told vanos was introduced aug 92, and my engine was made in aug 92 so i just missed out, don't know whether thats a good or a bad thing though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts