BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all been a reader for a while now but now i need some help please, i have a j reg 325i se saloon bit rough round the edges but getting there, my drivers door glass seems to have come off its runners or something as in the last 2 weeks it has been very problematic, i brought two new clips that go in the runner at the bottom of the glass but having trouble with the metal part of the clip staying on and holding the glass. Am i just being stupid or am i in need of more parts or skill.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
  • When making a post about a problem with your car, Please list in your Thread Title the YEAR, BODY SHAPE and MODEL of your car followed by a descriptive TITLE, (Example, 2001 E46 325i. Coolant Leak.) If you don't know the body shape of your car no problem, but at least include the year and model as a minimum with your Thread title.

Don't ignore these rules posted in Red when you start a New Thread, they are there for a reason!

• Please post in the correct section for the topic you are posting about. Take a minute to check through the forums list and find the correct forum or subforum.
  • Use a descriptive title for your thread and start it with your car details [Example Thread Title] 2001 E46 330i - Intermittent cutting out and rough idle.
  • Remember, the more descriptive and well written your threads are, the more accurate and plentiful the help offered will be.

From the Forum Posting rules here. http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f127/bimmerforums-uk-forum-and-posting-rules-t76199/ :thumbsup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like the door edge weather strips could be dirty and are gripping the glass as it goes through them.
Putting on the new clips would have forced the issue.
Give the strips a good clean with warm water and detergent - Don't use anything abrasive as all you'll be doing is 'keying' them to collect dirt and grime more easily in the future.

Make sure the glass is totally free to slide through it's whole movement up and down and then check your plastic clips haven't been damaged in the interim.
I used a bit of stiff wire to close the ends of the metal part of the clips by wrapping round and tightening - not too much...with pliers, so that the clips couldn't open up and come off...so far so good...a year or so later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks chaps i will give this a try tomorrow, thanks for the fast response, thinking of starting a project thread but dont know best place to start as the car is a bit of a mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts