BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone.. this is my 1st post..

anyway im having this problem with my 92, e36, 325i coupe.. i bought it from someone who claimed that the car was ok..just need to replace the fuel pump, well after i replaced the pump it stll doesnt starts.. i checked on the fuel pump but there was no current supply.. i even checked the fuel pump relay holder but there was no power @ all.. took the coil out to check spark & theres non.. what could be the problem? pls help me.. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've changed the relay, checked the fuse no.18( fuel pump).. its good.. its just that no power supply to the fuse 18, fuel pump relay & dme relay.. thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i had this same problem on my 328i (converted from a 318iS)
it turned out the wire from the battery to the ecu had a break in it?

do you know what alarm is fitted, is it the standard BMW alarm or is it an aftermaket alarm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup no power @ all to the relay... it is using aftermarket alarm system.. pls help.. i wanna enjoy driving this machine heh heh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks disco will try it asap.. thanks for the tips.. in case anything will inform you here...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stk.. no aftermarket immobilizer on it... im gonna check on the alarm 1st... thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Are you checking properly for voltage at the relays. If so and there is no voltage at pin 30 or 86 on the DME relay, then you may have a broken wire. Check the wires around the splice point back at the bulkhead. Check the wires that come from the splice point as 2 of them go to the DME relay. One of them is a thin wire 0.5mm and the other is 4mm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi gildersol.. i've checked the power @ pin 30 of the DME relay & fuel pump & there seem to have power but not for the rest of the other pins.. strange.. this is my 1st electrical problem....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no voltage @ all @ pin 86... as for the fuel pump relay i joint the pin 30 & 87 the pump is working.. but still there's no spark hmmm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts