BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have water getting on top of plugs 1 and 2 (M50 engine 325), have the cover on, no creamy gunk in oil and no coolant loss so dont think its head?!
Seems to be worse when i use my window washers then misfires but cant see where its coming from, i had enough already! Please help!!!!!!:frown
Does any one know if this is a common fault and where it might be coming from, drives fine otherwise

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
When you say water ON the TOP of the plugs am I correct in presuming you mean around the top where the plug wire attaches or actually inside on the part that does the firing?

Have you checked for air leaks on induction hoses etc?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its round the top of the plug where the HT lead connects under the coil pack, and yea i have already checked for air leaks and have replaced some due to corrosion but obviously wasn't the problem???

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hi mate. Check your washers with the bonnet up. They have a T piece in the screenwasher pipes in the bonnet that sometimes breaks and when you use the washers the joiner sprays all over the engine bay. Could have been happening for a while and building up around the coil packs. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts