BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i went to get in my car today and my clutch pedal went straight to the floor with no resistance, i had to pull it back up again, i checked the pedal and there was nothing wrong with it, it was working perfectly fine when i was using it yesterday i just cant see why? i have a K reg 325 coupe! Thanx guys

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Have you checked your brake/clutch fluid resevoir?

Could be a simple issue with something like the clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the quick reply mate, i checked the fluid and it seemed to be ok, but in the fluid tank there is a hole leading to another tank inside, should the fluid be able to plow into here? Where would i find the clutch cylinder? Stupid question probably!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Not sure about about the other tank inside, but if you have fluid I assume you haven't lost any!

The clutch slave cylinder is located underneath the car usually just ahead of roughly where the drivers seat would be approximately. These have rubber seals/valves which breakdown over time (and this unit is never changed when clutch changes are carried out). As a result of the rubber breaking down the valves don't function correctly, transferring the clutch pedal action to the clutch unit. If all was fine yesterday, I can't see how this could fail overnight.

Have you checked the underside of the car for any obvious slow fluid leaks?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The clutch slave cylinder is on the passenger top side of the gear box:thumbsup

The clutch fluid reservoir is the brake fluid reservoir. If you look at the rear of the reservoir you will see there are two pipes coming out of it. One feeds the brakes and the other (the one at the top) feeds the clutch:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.