BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ive got a 325 coupe on a K plate, now, i want to remove the catalytic convertors, what i would like to know is, which year was it when they made it law that every car had to have them? as a mate of mine told me that it was 1994, i thought it was earlier than that, i dont want to mess about come every MOT refitting the cats. any ideas? thanks.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I believe it was K reg 1993 but I'm sure Ronniw will confirm this.

Please can you post all your vehicle details in the thread title as per the forum rules:thumbsup

1992 E36 325 - Catalytic converter removal

·
Banned
478 Posts
I'm sure it was mid '92 that the law came in...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Im 99% sure cat's were intoduced in 1993 on some late "J" plate cars, so if yours is a "K" then it should have a cat in order to pass an emissions test. Dont quote me on that though!
Didn't see the above post, conflicting information!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
My car is a 1992 but didn't legally have to be fitted with one. I believe cats were being used on some vehicles even before this.

Ronnie will put us straight:rofl

·
Registered
77 Posts
its 1993 as mines is a late 92 k plate and does not require one even though it came with one

ive just removed mine aswell

·
Registered
52 Posts
what sort of bhp increase should you get if you remove them and put a full stainless on? mines aug 92 on a k (325i) so im going to look into this, maybe race headers would make a difference aswell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts