BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
could be ball joints but i suspect rear arm bushes, if you drive at a steady 10 mph and jab the brake pedal, if the steering wheel moves left or right its pointing to the bushes on the rear of the arm, the round ones.
quite a common issue

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
It could be the bottom ball joints or tie rods mate. Check all the joints and bushes for play. :thumbsup
After some detective work i have added your vehicle details to your thread as it helps others diagnose your problem..:thumbsup
Could you update the vehicle details in the drop down box on your user profile. Cheers :thumbsup

Welcome by the way...;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I've done that right, but let me know if I havent. After considering further, I think the rear bushes could be at fault, but also the front bottom arm bushes, as under hard cornering, the front end feels like its "floating"

Are the rear bushes a difficult part to change? I've done wishbones before but never attacked rear bushes on any car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.