BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
as the title says really people fuel pumps decided to die, so has my temperature gauge and also my fuel gauge.

However take a battery to the pump and lo and behold their is life! so sounds like ive got a wirirng issue, its gone like this once before and i think i lost all my rear light clusters.... that was a fuse though, and now the rear lights work but the other gizmos mentioned above do not....

anybody got any thoughts on what it is i should do?

Also i have just converted the car to run the 2.5 M50 engine, using the 318is gearbox and rear diff. Wanted to fit the M20 flywheel but didnt have a clutch lying around and need a working car asap!

The main reason the engine swap has happened is i thought the is engine had skipped a few teeth on the timing chain as the tensioner was on its way out... looks as though now some wiring somwhere has just given in instead! DOH!

All and any help appreciated people, thanks! :lol

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
I'd check the boot lid loom just in case, that can cause funny problems, although i don't think it will cause what you have.

It certainly will be a wiring issue, but the problem is finding out where.
You could try idling the car, then grabing and shaking the loom in various spots inside and outside of the car and see if you get a reaction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know what relay is for the fuel pump? Could be that maybe?? Or does anybody have wiring diagrams for the 36? Im generally pretty good with cars, my speciality is vw's though lol. My first bimmer and shes died on me!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry people ill clarify. I got the engine from a car i was breaking. It run vert well in that car. My IS died hence i brought the conversion forward. Originally i thought the IS engine itself had died. But now ive got the new engine in i have the same issue. No fuel!!

Fuel pump is not activating. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh took the whole engine bay strap and ecu. Just plugged right in...

The 2.5 came from a 36 saloon on an M reg. Doesnt have a chipped key either (EWS or whatever its called? Defo not there...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts