BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help needed my car has started to all of a sudden cut out and not want to start again for a few hours but after that then it will drive perfect, maybe a few days later it will do the same again. i have checked everything i can had the camshaft and crank sensors out and cleaned plugs leads, its a new coil. checked all the vaccum pipes that i kan, im completely stumped?! my freind is coming to have a look tommorow nite with a diagnostic machine. any help woud be much appreciated!!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Cool, hope it goes ok :thumbsup
The crank sensors on these do have a habit of causing intermittent problems.
If it does turn out to be the crank sensor buy one from BMW themselves or a Bosch sensor. Dont buy a cheap one from ECP or Gsf because they are crap.
Its quite common for the cheap sensors to make the prob worse.
Hope this helps a bit matey :thumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, hope it goes ok :thumbsup
The crank sensors on these do have a habit of causing intermittent problems.
If it does turn out to be the crank sensor buy one from BMW themselves or a Bosch sensor. Dont buy a cheap one from ECP or Gsf because they are crap.
Its quite common for the cheap sensors to make the prob worse.
Hope this helps a bit matey :thumbsup
thanks again mate, ye ill order a new one from bmw or bosch if thats what it comes up as! the worst thing is that im up in the shetlands so it takes 2 ddays to get anything up here so i have to wait around for ages!! very frustrating!!!! lol cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had same fault on my is coupe m8. turnd out to be water getting to e c u due to drains being blocked. cleared em out full ov s...t dryd e c u it ran sweet m8 common fault acc to bmw my relay 4. e c u was ticking tho due to water in e c u.{ worth a look m8}

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.