BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
It sound like a noisy shaft bearing in the gearbox mate. If the noise goes when the clutch is pressed the gearbox is dis-engaged from the engine so is not turning hence the noise going with the clutch pressed. :thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well had a lil look on ebay and found a engine and box, 67K genuine, no issues with it, in Lincolnshire for the high high HIGH price of........................£30! I was the only bidder, so gonna set to next weekend and stick the lump in too :D

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Well had a lil look on ebay and found a engine and box, 67K genuine, no issues with it, in Lincolnshire for the high high HIGH price of........................£30! I was the only bidder, so gonna set to next weekend and stick the lump in too :D
Same engine(size and number of valves) as you have currently I presume? :confused

·
Registered
650 Posts
A straight 318 (non 'is) will most likely be an M40 engine on that year, m43 after 1993. Which is only an 8v. M42 is a 16v.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.