BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just installed an aftermarket stereo in my 316, but now there is no sound!
I've wired the stereo directly to the standard BM plug (soldered and heat shrink), i get a slight flicker of sound if i turn the volume up to full!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
788 Posts
well you made a mistake by soldering into a standard car iso block, what you should have done was to goto your local audio shop or halfords and bought the iso lead that directly connects your stereo to the car,saying that though its now done and it sounds as though you have crossed the speaker wires over from a left channel to a right channel making a live from left and a live from right causing the speakers to short out , thats from my personal experience anyway so just check the wiring again, just out of curiosity the standard stereo wasnt amplified was it ?.

·
Banned
344 Posts
well you made a mistake by soldering into a standard car iso block, what you should have done was to goto your local audio shop or halfords and bought the iso lead that directly connects your stereo to the car,saying that though its now done and it sounds as though you have crossed the speaker wires over from a left channel to a right channel making a live from left and a live from right causing the speakers to short out , thats from my personal experience anyway so just check the wiring again, just out of curiosity the standard stereo wasnt amplified was it ?.
sounds right to me

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for replying,

No, the standard unit wasn't amplified.
I'm gonna have another look at it in the morning, i followed a wiring diagram for the e36 stereo that i downloaded and hooked everything up to the corresponding wires on the headunit so i thought it would all go ok, but it never happens like that does it!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorted, put the old plug back onto the headunit and used a harness that i got from scrapyard, all working perfectly now.

Cheers for your advice people

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.