BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased some alpina style wheels for my 1992 525i e34, after putting on the spigot rings and fitting the wheels i was off, except there is a problem,i picked up a bad wobble between 50/60mph the thing is that it was'nt noticeable before i fitted the new wheels. i did pick up on a buckle but i had that repaired and all the wheels have been balanced, Any ideas please?:frown

·
Banned
478 Posts
hi,

Are the spigot rings new?? What condition are the tyres in? used?

Check for any slight bulges in the tyre walls, sometimes they are hard to spot, as this would cause symptoms as you are describing and you would need to replace your tyres immediately.
Have the wheels definately been balance correctly? about 6 years ago i had to take a wheel back to kwik fit after it had been balanced, only to find it hadnt been done correctly, or in there words a balance weight must have fallen off!

Reactions: greasy.steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi the spigot rings are new the wheels have been balanced by two independant tyre dealers and the tyres are almost new and they are dunlops not budget, i observed the balancing and can confirm that there were no noticable bulges in the walls.........its a flaming mistery

·
Banned
478 Posts
Reactions: greasy.steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi thought you would like to know that i swapped the rear wheel to the front and the wobble has stopped, but when i jack up the car i found that the small rear link arms are on the out exactly what you said. cheers for input

·
Banned
478 Posts
glad you got to the bottom of it.:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts