BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I've got a bmw 520i se model J reg. The alarm used to work on the key fub and would close all the windows and sunroof and open and close the doors.

There a small key you can you on the alarm siren to switch it on and off saying a bmw system. That works fine you switch it on the red light flashing inside the car fine. You can open and close the doors but the red light stays on flashing. If you go in the car the alarm will go on and lights flash and siren going.

Anyway bought new battery for the alarm fob cause it had run out. The light flashes on the fob showing its working. The fob black with 2 grey bottons. The key just standard with a light on it.

How do I re program the fob again?

Also how do I get the alarm to work with the normal door lock key?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search with the words 'program alarm fob' and read some of the posts. I remember one of those thread covers programming :thumbsup
Been having alook there diffrent ones. Also Im not an expert on these cars. But the details must be the same as others.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Pete, most BMW alarms are the same fitted over the different range of models. I'm guessing you have a Scorpion or something similar.
Hello do I need to take pictures of the fob and the siren so people know wat kind it is?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alarm expert Ronnie will be along shortly to help you, because that doesn't look familiar to me :thumbsup
Hello I will get pictures of the siren tomora. Anther thing the red flashing light its on top of the dash in the middle coming out of the air vent the big one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That isn't a standard BMW alarm, with that fob it's a aftermarket job, I've seen the small key before but not the fob I'm afraid :frown
Hello were the key goes in the small one in the siren. It has a bmw badge with a code on it?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Post up a pic of the alarm siren Pete...showing the code you are talking about :thumbsup
Hello neal will get a picture now. Also there some boxes around near were the battery is. Not sure if there anything todo with the alarm I have a look now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.