BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver electric window when i push the switch down goes down the stops the only way it goes to the bottom if you keep pushing it. i read on here it could be the switch or the relay but the fault was different to mine my e36 is a 1992

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Swap the switches over to eliminate the switch that you feel may be faulty.

Remove the gear stick gaiter and push the switch upwards from underneath:thumbsup

Could also be that the runners are dry in a particular place or the window is misaligned

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swap the switches over to eliminate the switch that you feel may be faulty.

Remove the gear stick gaiter and push the switch upwards from underneath:thumbsup

Could also be that the runners are dry in a particular place or the window is misaligned
sorry i meant to add i tried swappin the switches but the passengers switch is totally different

the door some little theiving **** broke the handle and got in the car and tried to nick a crappy radio this was before i got the car. so im wondering as you said the glass has moved/misaligned or the runners are dry

thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
That could well be your problem. From the outside looking from the wing mirror down the side of the car towards the rear does it appear that the door frame where the window slides has bellowed out?

I have this on the touring and it has a crease at the bottom close to the wing mirror which is a clear indication that the car has been/attempted to be broken into. The scum bags often bend the top of the door back to try and lift the pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts