BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is my first post so take it easy on me! My problem is with my front fog lights, I have just replaced my units with new ones. One new bulb was fitted and one bulb reused. The problem is neither light is working and the dash light to show that they are on is not illuminating? Rear fog lights working OK! I have check fuse which is OK! Anybody any ideas?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
There are two wires inside the holders with spade terminals, one wire is for the bulb connection and it has a plastic cover over the spade. The other is an earth which is just a metal spade. This pushes into a metal tag on the metal inside the fog light. Check this is on correctly first and you have a decent earth. If you still have probs ill post some pics up with connections and relay etc. :thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the connections you are talking about and I am sure they are good, but will make sure tomorrow! Would this cause the dash fog light indicator not to illuminate?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Steve, will take a look tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the advice mate. Would I be right in thinking that if the rear fog lights are working then the relay is OK?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
IIRC If I Recall Correctly :thumbsup
Sorry, if you have said but did the car have the foglights as standard? Or have you added them after. :confused
Just trying to get my head around this for you mate :thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Start from the basics first.
First thing i would do is unplug both fog lights and see if that fuse still blows mate. :thumbsup
If it is still blowing you will have a seperate fault, and we will need to sort that first.
If it doesnt blow with the fog lights connected we know the fault is in that circuit :thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought of that just tried to get them out but can't? Can't see what I am doing Too dark?? Will do it tomorrow when I get home from work.
Cheers Steve and A20RYM.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.