BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know i am mid prepping of the 325 for track days. Should be back from the garage with MOT and coilover suspension this week, and then being wrapped in a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I have been looking for some lighter/better wheels. Does anyone know if I can fit the wheels where the rears are wider than the fronts, or will they foul the arches? I dont want to buy some to find they wont work with the car.
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
As you know i am mid prepping of the 325 for track days. Should be back from the garage with MOT and coilover suspension this week, and then being wrapped in a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I have been looking for some lighter/better wheels. Does anyone know if I can fit the wheels where the rears are wider than the fronts, or will they foul the arches? I dont want to buy some to find they wont work with the car.
thanks
TBH honest I'm not 100% sure, but you can always just roll the arches?

HTH.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i thought all beemers were 10mm wider at the back ?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
the e36 can be fitted with staggered rims.
i got my mv1's off someone who had them fitted to an e36
Staggered RYM's are used on a lot of BMW's but not all. You'll find this mostly used on 6 cylinder vehicles due to extra traction:thumbsup

You will be fine using staggered wheels so long as the offset and tyre used are correct for your vehicle. I would advise rolling the rear arches anyway to allow extra clearance for when you're really giving it some serious love on those corners:cool

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Staggered RYM's are used on a lot of BMW's but not all. You'll find this mostly used on 6 cylinder vehicles due to extra traction:thumbsup

You will be fine using staggered wheels so long as the offset and tyre used are correct for your vehicle. I would advise rolling the rear arches anyway to allow extra clearance for when you're really giving it some serious love on those corners:cool
Good idea!!

How do I find the wheel offset? The car is still in the garage, so cant measure anything! (Although, dont know what to measure anyway!!)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I always advise that you don't worry about supplying wheel centres with the offsets and tyre sizes. That's what you pay them the money for.

You tell them what you want and they do the working out for you. They cannot sell you a set of wheels that don't fit your car properly.

However if you state that you want a particular tyre size and wheel offset and they don't fit then they can say that they supplied you with what you asked for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts