BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys bought my bmw e36 325i coupe today of my cousin its great:D ...just the passenger window wont go up when the door shuts. there is very small gap and the wind blows in . annoying ..anyone know how to resolve. the window goes up and down fine just not all the way up. :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You can adjust the amount it goes up IIRC, you will need to remove the door card then have a good look inside the door, there is a Allen key screw or M6 bolt or similar that can be adjusted that the window sits against, it is to stop the window from going too far up and breaking when you slam the door

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can adjust the amount it goes up IIRC, you will need to remove the door card then have a good look inside the door, there is a Allen key screw or M6 bolt or similar that can be adjusted that the window sits against, it is to stop the window from going too far up and breaking when you slam the door
hello mate if only i read this first .. i took the door card of before and i unplugged a connector not the one that powers it the one at the bottom of the motor i pressed my window down and then tried it up and nothing so iu thought right that one is for going up, so i plugged it back in and it still wont go up now its fully down. u can here it and see the big cog tryin to move it but it wont go up at all now look at fuses they all fine the driver window is fine it goes up and down no probs. so at min ive the old bin bag on it till i see it again in daylight. can u help or know someone who does know about these windows thanks

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
hello mate if only i read this first .. i took the door card of before and i unplugged a connector not the one that powers it the one at the bottom of the motor i pressed my window down and then tried it up and nothing so iu thought right that one is for going up, so i plugged it back in and it still wont go up now its fully down. u can here it and see the big cog tryin to move it but it wont go up at all now look at fuses they all fine the driver window is fine it goes up and down no probs. so at min ive the old bin bag on it till i see it again in daylight. can u help or know someone who does know about these windows thanks
Have you tried holding the window button switch down for 20 seconds then giving it a go? :thumbsup, this resets the window motor and tells it where bottom is. :cool

If no luck give the window motor a bang with your fist, it may be a dead patch on the motor, had it lots before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.