BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing gear the revs are holding for just a second which means you can't do quick gear changes. I thought this might be to do with the extra reciprocating mass of a 6 cyl as I'm used to a 4 cyl but after watching others on youtube I think it might be a fault with my car.

I don't think its a sticking throttle cable because that would usually make the engine over rev between gear changes.

When going from first to second, especially if I giving it some, it seems like I have to wait ages for the revs to drop before I lift the clutch.

Anyone else had this?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Do that first, i had the same prob on my 325. I cleaned the throttle and it made a difference but still wasnt perfect.
I ended up changing the throttle position sensor to cure it :thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a few scrappers round here, worth getting a new sensor or scrappers be fine you think? I'll probably get one because even if it has improved after cleaning the tb I'll still wonder if it could be better...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, Had same problem but it went away on its own... yesterday after givin it some the problem with the throttle came back... this discussion sounds exactly like my problem... Is it the same for the 325 tds... and also any ideas/pics on where the throttle position sensor is .... sorry still training to be a mechanic... thanks

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi, Had same problem but it went away on its own... yesterday after givin it some the problem with the throttle came back... this discussion sounds exactly like my problem... Is it the same for the 325 tds... and also any ideas/pics on where the throttle position sensor is .... sorry still training to be a mechanic... thanks
You have a pedal position sensor here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CC32&mospid=47446&btnr=35_0165&hg=35&fg=15

Otherwise the rest is built in with the diesel pump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.