BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi have a e36 and the cigy lighter and the console lights don't work have checked fuse all are good hazards button lights up electric window switchs work but don't light up does any one have any ideas for me to test cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think the bulbs are probably blown behind the fascia, which I think is going to be a pain. I recently started my car with a phone charger plugged into the *** lighter and blew all those bulbs too. At least, I think it must be the bulbs, as, like your situation, fuese all appear to be fine. Huge pain.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Well, it would be good to know if the bulbs are ok. Are there lights working that would normally be dimmable but don't respond when you try to dim them.
If it were a dimmer problem it would mean the *** lighter fault is separate (that's the actual *** lighter not the *** lighter light).
If you can get in behind the *** lighter you could use a piece of wire and connect it to a good earth at one end and connect it to the earth of the lighter and see if that makes it work.
The *** lighter earth comes from the same place as the ashtray lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.