BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks,

Some of you may know that I am presently building the cheapest, trampestcompetiton Beemer ever to take part in the great PPC magazines £999 challenge.

After last years event, I have revised the rear suspension by fitting a pair of Koni springs originaly intended for a Mazda MX5 of all things. This resulted in the reasonably predictable (though the car is completely stripped) suspension drop at the back. Details of this momentus modification are here:

http://www.auto-tat.co.uk/BMW/Stage 4/Suspension.htm

But basicaly this is the result:

It is a bit on the excessive side but it did get me thinking just how low can you get one of these cars before you start to loose steering range etc..?

Does anyone know the lowest that one of these has been taken? The rear of mine is presently about 2.75" lower than standard.

Cheers,

Smiler.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thanks for that.

I have been annoying the good folk on the TrampDrift forum and it appears that with the E34 you can pretty much go as low as you want on standard wheels as nothing fouls until you finaly hit the top of the inner wing. Mine is now sat about 2.75" lower than standard with no contact anywhere so far. Not that it's been driven all that much and the rear end is now rock solid which is the opposite to what I was hoping to achieve but it would make a good drifter now.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
I cant believe I missed this post, fair play to you.
Keep us posted on the PPC challenge and how it goes......:thumbsup

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, will do. :)

There was a thread on here somewhere reporting back on my experiences of last years event but you can read all about that and the car by visiting my website:

www.Auto-TaT.co.uk
and clicking on 'Project Bratwurst'

Smiler.

Reactions: steve23002
1 - 6 of 6 Posts