BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Im unfamiliar with the RTAB removal on these.. There are plenty of links for 3 series RTAB removal but not the mighty 5 series!..

What is the best way to tackle the removal of these bushes...
have i got to remove the trailing arm completely? or is there a tool that i need for the job?

Many thanks, Lee.:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Have you had a look at the guide for the three series and compared it to the underside of your car?

BMW tend keep designs fairly similar:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had a look at the guide for the three series and compared it to the underside of your car?

BMW tend keep designs fairly similar:thumbsup
I see now, the E30 is similar, i was looking at E36 diagrams, which did'nt appear to be that similar...

Im sure i'll work it out.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok mate... My main concern really, was whether id have to remove the whole arm, as the driveshaft and most of the brake components will have to come off.. I will tackle anything on a car, its just i like to understand it before jumping headlong into it, then finding i need a special tool.. Ive been there before.:mad

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I would imagine that you should be able to just disconnect the rear shock and lower the arm out of position.

I'm not familiar with the set up on your car though:frown

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would imagine that you should be able to just disconnect the rear shock and lower the arm out of position.

I'm not familiar with the set up on your car though:frown
likely, i will do some research, im learning the ropes with the e34 really, i had an e32 briefly which was basically the same underneath except it had self levelling shocks.., until a lorry went into the side if me then everything was bent!

Call me sad but i keep all the work i do in a folder with pictures if i can to remind me in future.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go:thumbsup

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=HD52&mospid=47375&hg=33&fg=30

Type in your last 7 digits of your chassis number where it says serial number http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do and bookmark the page. Not sure if you use it already but this site is great for obtaining part numbers and giving you an idea of what components you'll encounter:thumbsup
Yeah, got that website. But it is thanks to the moderators on this site though, i never knew about it before i was a member..:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
likely, i will do some research, im learning the ropes with the e34 really, i had an e32 briefly which was basically the same underneath except it had self levelling shocks.., until a lorry went into the side if me then everything was bent!

Call me sad but i keep all the work i do in a folder with pictures if i can to remind me in future.

As SAD as it sounds that's a really good idea... You building a "Mighty 5 Manual":rofl

PS where are all the "How To's":silly

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As SAD as it sounds that's a really good idea... You building a "Mighty 5 Manual":rofl

PS where are all the "How To's":silly
To be honest, the work ive done so far seems pretty saturated on here.. I do look myself through the archives of the forum and a lot of what ive done is there... But there is nothing on here about e32/e34 trailing arm bush removal, so that is one to add for sure, as i gather that is a common misplaced complaint... I thought it was the front of the car tracking but it was the rear fighting the front... So the HOW TO for that would be good i reckon..

Reactions: RYM

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mighty 5 manual...:lol

Mind i did one for my reliant scimitar when i rebuilt it, and sold it with the car, the owner was pleased as punch!!:thumbsup.

Hope i didnt make too many errors :hihi

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol

At least it would be free... but you pay for quality right?..:hihi

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What about the saying... all the best things are free???

Or did I just dream that one up?:lol
It depends what you are given, i was once given 4 tequila slammers then i met my missus!! :hihi

Only joking... love her to bits...:hihi

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at pics above :hihi
Subframe bushes.... you love to rub that one in :hihi
If only i had that tool... i could fit my poly bushes....

Do i need that tool for the trailing arm bushes aswell ronnie??:confused

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.