BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done my back in recently (falling down a fire escape flight of stairs!) an i have a hint of sciatica in the words of the doc,

My propshaft guibo on my e34 525 is in desperate need of replacement, and i dare'nt attempt it just in case! So im going to have to get it done at a garage! anybody know, so i dont get ripped off, roughly how much i should be looking at cost wise?

i know its difficult to accurately say but would you say £200 ish?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The exhaust needs dropping, then heat shield, then centre prop mount and sometimes rear of gearbox needs dropping to get prop down off the front

Around £200 is about right including parts I would say, the part is nearly £80 from main dealers :frown

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ronnie,:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was quoted £175+vat this morning so £200 looks almost bang on the money. Its being repaired as i type, would have liked to tackle it myself but ive got plenty more to do on it anyway.:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well mate, its done now. I had to bite the bullet in the end.

Cheers though :thumbsup

Next job bushes!

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got a polyurethane bushes so thats the upper/lower control arm bushes, rear mount bushes, roll bars. The control bushes and rear mount are shot anyways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive got a polyurethane bushes so thats the upper/lower control arm bushes, rear mount bushes, roll bars. The control bushes and rear mount are shot anyways.
Nice one Lee :thumbsup....you are going all the way with perfect suspension :hihi

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wont be happy until its 100% perfect!:hyper

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you have the 'special' tool then ronnie?

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it does look good! i have the polybushes, and im looking forward to the handling differences!:thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts