BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Ive had a look at my propshaft today, and it seems my Rubber doughnut coupling is split and the centre bearing feels shot. I would love to tackle this job myself, but it looks like i have to remove the exhaust:jaw-dropping. I hate exhausts! Does anybody know or works in the trade to give me a rough guide into how much this would cost at your typical garage, Id probably source the parts myself, but im concerned about labour costs,

thanks,
Lee.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That link is very useful!!:thumbsup Cheers.

It is ashame you live a little too far away, i could do with the hand! cheers for the mention though.

My dad replaced a few UJ's on props in the 70's on old fords, he gave me some pointers, i may give it a go, i bet id have to break the nuts off the exhaust though, they are a pain in the ..... :irked

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
With regards to your nuts:rofl...

The night before you're due to crack your nuts give them a GOOD LUBE with WD40 or other kind of penetrating oil:hihi

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With regards to your nuts:rofl...

The night before you're due to crack your nuts give them a GOOD LUBE with WD40 or other kind of penetrating oil:hihi
:lol:lol:rofl

I'll bear that in mind:hihi

Also, it appears to be snowing in the desert with the coyote! Global warming HA! :D

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its on the top of my list of jobs to do, its getting really bad now, the guibo is falling apart. So, im going to do it next weekend or at the latest, the weekend after.
I will post some pictures as i do it, so hopefully some other people can benefit from it. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have a place near here called "Propshaft Services". As the name implies that is all they do and they are very cheap and quick compaired to a normal dealer. Might be worth a look to see if there is one near you.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Its on the top of my list of jobs to do, its getting really bad now, the guibo is falling apart. So, im going to do it next weekend or at the latest, the weekend after.
I will post some pictures as i do it, so hopefully some other people can benefit from it. ;)
Photo's would be great:thumbsup

I would try to do it as quickly as possible if it's as bad as you mention:eek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.