BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help, is it possible to get inside the foglight/headlight switches to change the little light bulb?, the problem is my foglight switch does not illuminate (internally) whereas the headlight switch is ok thanks in advance scoots.1

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Have you removed the switch unit yet?

I should imagine it's the same as the E36?

I didn't think to look if there is a bulb that can be replaced:frown

If you want a picture then PM me and I shall post one up:thumbsup

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:jaw-droppingyes the switch is out,....no it's nothing like e36, it is rectangular, i can prize the front of the switch off, and can see a capless bulb inside however i cannot get to the bulb from the front of the switch. i've tried to prize the back of the switch off but i'm worried about the ammount of force i'm using compared to the front part bearing in mind the switch is nearly 19 years old''

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
:jaw-droppingyes the switch is out,....no it's nothing like e36, it is rectangular, i can prize the front of the switch off, and can see a capless bulb inside however i cannot get to the bulb from the front of the switch. i've tried to prize the back of the switch off but i'm worried about the ammount of force i'm using compared to the front part bearing in mind the switch is nearly 19 years old''
Doh!!! That's just made me look really STOOOOOOOOPID:rofl

I tried;)

Got any pictures?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never mind i'll probably leave it, there seems to some kind of hollow brass rivet fixing the internals to the switch case. thanks anyway....i'm off to source one off e-bay:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts