BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am looking at a 325i saloon to run about in,as i am gonna take the cabby off the road at the end of the summer till i can afford to throw some money at it for respray and a new hood :thumbsup
i am kinda sniffing about a '91 mot fail-usuall stuff coroded front brake lines,wishbone bushes,dodgy brake light(and the dear bit) holed backbox.
156k on clock,and body work seems quite tidy for age.think i should get it for under £200.was just gonna take the backbox from the cabby and swap for the mo. my intention is to run it for the winter,keep the m3 rear lights and twinspoke msport alloys,and break the car.
so i reckon 200 for car around the same to get it road worthy..
£400 for a 91 325i saloon,156k...does this sound about right?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Sounds ok just as a runner :thumbsup
The passenger front brake pipe is a pig to replace :frown
Also, a rear box from a 328i saloon, coupe or cab will fit straight on. I got a second hand one for my 325 for £20 on ebay :D

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me mine was £100 18months ago with 3 months mot 3 weeks tax and what turned out to be a cracked head (bought it knowing it lost water and got s/h head for £60 and fitted it myself) and it had about 143k on the clock and now has nearly 160k and am now replacing usual bushes etc ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
last one i bought was form a german company who did good quality pattern part,seems to have stopped trading now tho,bought and shipped for £100

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Thats what i thought. I snapped it up.:thumbsup
I priced up a new Walker one and it came to £160 Trade :eek
I don't blame you!! :thumbsup

I managed to get a price on a new one down to £120 trade I think it was a timax ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts