1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Love my e32 and mine is the 735i

The V12 e32 uses two m20 engines are there any members on here wealthy enough
to do a project using two m50 engines with vanos?;)

that would be awesome :thumbsup

I would have it black de-badged, smoked windows, stock body no body kit, coms pack from e39
black leathers, tasteful stainless steel exhaust - not tool loud that would be uber cool :cool

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Well, when people say it has 2 M20 engines, they are joined at the arse in a V12 engine block.
The McLaren F1 engine was pretty close to 2 evo engines on a single crankshaft,.

If you are talking about big E32s, then there is something hiding in BMWs "Giftschrank" that you'd be interested in.

GiftSchrank is German for literally poison locker, and was pretty close to the warehouse in Indiana Jones where the Ark went. All of BMWs crazy projects went in there, the M8 disappeared into there for years, as well as all sorts of legendary cars.

One of them is this thing - (click to expand i think)

cdn.motorfull.com.files.2010.07.BMW-E32-V16-2.jpg

bmw_v16_3_0.jpg

Look at the rear, and you'll notice the huge vents, and slats between the rear lights.

This is where the radiator sat, as there was no room in the engine bay. The reason was this was fitted -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Get counting on those intake runners....

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
Off topic I know but when I was an apprentice at Ford trucks we had an experimental Artic come in with 2 Cummins V8's in it. It had 2 ignitions and 2 rev counters. The idea was empty you would use one, then while running you could fire the other engine up and dip the clutch to bring it in. I can remember with both engines running and no trailer on you could light the tyres up and leave rubber on the road for 50 metres. We also had a Transit in that was a publicity stunt with a Formula one racing engine in the load compartment, half buried in the floor. I can recall how loud it was when it started up. Wouldn't let any of us apprentices near that one, but it was supposed to be seriously quick. This would have been back in the early 70's.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, when people say it has 2 M20 engines, they are joined at the arse in a V12 engine block.
The McLaren F1 engine was pretty close to 2 evo engines on a single crankshaft,.

If you are talking about big E32s, then there is something hiding in BMWs "Giftschrank" that you'd be interested in.

GiftSchrank is German for literally poison locker, and was pretty close to the warehouse in Indiana Jones where the Ark went. All of BMWs crazy projects went in there, the M8 disappeared into there for years, as well as all sorts of legendary cars.

View attachment 34533

View attachment 34534

Look at the rear, and you'll notice the huge vents, and slats between the rear lights.

This is where the radiator sat, as there was no room in the engine bay. The reason was this was fitted -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Get counting on those intake runners....
thanks that looks ace :) gonna check out GiftSchrank

love these e32 by far the coolest looking of all bmws range dont u reckon?

·
Registered
30 Posts

cdn.motorfull.com.files.2010.07.bmw-e32-v16-2.jpg

bmw_v16_3_0.jpg

Ah yes love "the Goldfish" project, nuts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts