BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my m50'd e30 has a slight flat spot between sort of 3000rpm and 5000 ish, I've changed the lambda sensor today and idle is tip top now. What could be causing this?
Plugs looked good before I chucked the engine in and replaced a visibly broken coil pack today to.

What else could I check for?? Thought I'd add, when the car is warmed up the flat is more noticable, its not huge but I notice it.

Thanx for any shared info in advance

Ant :cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main pipe to the throttle body is a new item, the engine is a single vanos version.

I have a cheapy halfords air filter on there for now just to get about, I'm sorting an inclosed ram air kit for it in a few days, could this cheapy filter be the issue at the moment??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah right! This may be the issue then mate tbh, the filter didn't come with any pipe just the filter and a jubilee clip.... Hope that's the cause lol, easy fix when I get the ram air :)

Even with this flat spot she stayed with my mates astra coupe turbo lastnight!! I reckon with that eliminated she would do him :hihi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh definatly mate, chip is on the cards for sure! :) But seriously from 2nd gear to 120 we were pretty much even! Bear in mind this is in an e30 shell :hihi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts