BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly my appolagies for posting this in the wrong section earlier, was doing so on my phone and didnt notice, also I'm new here and still trying to get to grips with the layout compared to e30zone lol, enough excuses though haha....

As above I had it plugged in today and after fitting a new lambda sensor he deleted the code- great

Using live data he found 2 things,,,

1- the maf was reading 26 degrees intake temp! This was at 9am so it was 6 degrees if we were lucky!, does this mean new maf needed?

2- I have a 2 pin plug which is unplugged of the maf loom, this was identified as fuel tank vapour something.... Was told when I asked on e30zone to leave unplugged and the fuel vapour line poked out the turret.... But this showed up on live data!!
As it it a 2 wire plug can I cut the plug off and join the 2 wires together thus tricking the car into thinking its plugged in??

Thanks for any advice guys

Ant

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Was the engine really hot at the time?

And where is the air filter located? Is it pulling in warm engine bay air?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine temp acording to the live data was 86degrees, airfilter is where the airbox would sit but I have made up a heat shield between it and the engine. Not perfect but compared to without it noticably colder to touch.

Can you help with regards to question 2 also mate?

Thanks for your reply

Ant :cool

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
2nd question.
The e36 would have a purge valve for the fuel tank, so that is what the wiring is for. You're e30 won't have the breather pipe that runs from the engine bay to the tank, so you can't connect a purge valve to it. As long as the pipe that would go to the valve from the engine is blocked off then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah right, that pipe is not blocked mate. I was told to poke it out through the turret.
Are you saying to block it off??

Cheers

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ah right, that pipe is not blocked mate. I was told to poke it out through the turret.
Are you saying to block it off??

Cheers
It should be blocked off if it is just sucking in unmetered air into the engine. All air should travel past the air flow meter. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant, I'm in the process of blocking it up now!

Cheers for your help mate
:cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts