BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a e32 735i... the prob im havin is that the thing dont wont to start...?? it takes a while like there is no fuel there???

but if i turn it off after its started the engine starts on the turn of the key...

any ideas??? would the fuel reg do this???

cheers steve

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ideally you need to have the fuel pressure checked over night, it may not be holding pressure, there's a valve in the pump IIRC that stops the pressure from draining off.

What happens if you turn the ignition on and off several times to try and bump the pressure up before starting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

hello cheers for the quick relpy..

just tried to turn the key a few times to see if the pressure would go up...but it made no differents all all...

it still wont start very good...
it runs lumpy on start up for a few seconds??? after that it runs fine...

any more ideas??

cheers steve

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I'd say you need to get the fault codes read for the engine and if nothing there then get the fuel pressure checked to make sure it's holding over night e.t.c :thumbsup

You losing any coolant at all?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

no coolant lose at all... have checked all that...:)

had the thing checked and there was no codes at all...
so guess its a fuel prob..??:confused

i guess it might be the valve you were talkin about in the fuel tank sender...is it an easy job?? as have found it in the boot just want to know if i can just change that part??? will investegate that one...

any other things that i should check..

cheers steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.