BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys. I'm still having some issues with the speedo in the sport not working correctly. Basically it didnt work at all when i picked it up so i replaced the wiring from the impulse sensor to the multiplug under the rear seat as i know they tend to break. Tried it out it worked for about 5 mins then went again so i gave up that night. Upon driving home the speedo sprung back to life after about 10 mins driving. My next port of call was to replace the impulse sensor itself. So i drove back to work, again the speedo worked after about 10 mins driving. Tried it all out after replacing the sensor and it still only works after about 10 mins of driving:confused. Ive even had the clocks out now to check to plugs and the solder on the PCB on the back of the speedo and all looks clean and ok. Any sugestions appreciated as im scratching my head now.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for that ronnie never thought to check that out, thought the batteries were only for the memory on the Si lights. Basically the speedo, the mileometer and the mpg gauge dont work but when the speedo spring back into life they all start working again which is why i thought it went down the broken wire path which is what it is 90% of the time

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had this problem with the speedo alone. Needle would only move after about ten min driving. Did that clock check thing (hold the button and turn ignition to point 1) and everything worked excluding my speedo. Telling me that its the speedo itself was faulty. Just openned it and applied pressure to the needle. It jutted back slighlty and works perfect now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speedo Probs

Hi Cathcart, jumped in here as trying to find a thread to help. My speedo, 1990 e30 tourer, works when at constant speed, ok on accelleration, drops to zero when I lift of, mpg guage goes fully to the left. Put food down all comes back to life. What is the clock thing, hold down button etc. Only had car two weeks. Cheers, Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.