BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my MV'2s fiited for 4 years and having been happy with them would like to reatin them. They are obviously replicas but wear well and would like to change them to a E90 to be purchased shorlty. Can anyone confirm that they will swap without any modifications. Will they fit all the E90 models except the M3? They are all 8J with 235x35x19.
Many thankshttp://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19" MV's's slightly out of line

Having taken off my MV 2's to inspect them was disappointed to find two of them are slightly out of true on the inside rims. I only found this out by measuring them at 90 degree angles on the back.They are perfectly true on the facing edge. I had not noticed any vibration while they were on the car, so I suspect at some stage they have hit pot holes .My question therfore is am I able to gently take a club hammer to the affected areas to bring the rims out to a perfect circumferance, without affecting the integrety of the wheel?- and then get them balanced again. -Ther're too good to dispose of! Any thoughts please.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
if they aren't affecting the balance of the wheel i would leave well alone tbh...we've all removed the top off a can of beans by waggling it back n forth...its called metal fatigue :)
you would probably need to heat them to get them soft and hope they go back true.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they fit OK? I just put a deposit on some MV2's, and being an idiot that I am, I have an E90 but i still like the MV2's. Just not sure if they'll fit or not. Have you had any problems fitting them on your E90?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts