BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, firstly i apologies if this has been covered, i have checked through this forum and could not see a posting on the subject.

My E46 M3 convertible has the 19" polished rims but unfortunately the previous owner has managed to scuff the wheels whilst parking. Also they are starting to corrode in places making the car look a little shabby.

I want to get them refurbed but thats where the trouble starts. I have phoned most of the refurb companies listed by google and heard many different stories. Some have said that they can refurb them, some have said not to bother as the finish doesn't last and some have said to just replace them with CSL wheels.

Ideally i'd like to keep the car original and have them done, i live in Suffolk, has anyone had theirs done and if so who by and did the finish last?
Thanks in advance.
James

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I'm also from Ipswich but I don't know anywhere locally that does refurbs. Surely one or two places nearby must be happy for you to drive down to their garage so they can lookover your wheels and decide if they can refurb them and if it's worthwhile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well most seem to be closer to London. Ideally i'd like to do an exchange like for like. There are a couple of people doing this on Ebay but one keeps messing me around and the other is much more expensive. Such a shame as i really do like these wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a decent company down the road from you Ipswich lads - or so im told :embarrassed
I'll try and find out from father in law (who lives at copdock/Tesco end of town) as far as i can remember he said they were in Braintree or on the Braitree road the other side of Sudbury?

I'll get back to when/if he can remember!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.