BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the money now and am trying to decide on a set of wheels for my Cab, so far i cant even decide what size to get. Please put up some pics of yours to help me out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mods, just realised i shoud have put this in the wheels section. Just tried to move it but cant see how. Feel free to move it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
19's will fill that arch space and look much nicer but check out the difference in tyre price!!!

sit down first!:eek

·
Registered
6 Posts
19" wheels would be better, but depends how low the car is, i had 19's on my old m3 vert and it was realy low and was catching the arches, depending on how much money you wana spend id get 19's with 225/35/19, the tyres will look stretched over the wheel and look mint, but the tyres are quite dear

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys, all the alloys shown ae looking great. Think i'm gonna go for 19" MV2 reps with 235 35 19 tyres. I'll put them on and if they rub i'll get the archs rolled. Is it just the rear ones that'll need doing??

·
Registered
6 Posts
depends how low, its a funny 1 because differnet make tyres are differnt size's, i had 1 set of 19s with 235/35/19 and they were fine, the other set same size differnt make caught like a **** lol, front and rear, so depends what make tyre and how low, 225 would look mint and defo not catch but would cost a fair bit, compared to 235's

·
Registered
437 Posts
Techno what ya doing with the ones on it now? :)

Class--

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been going through this exact same dilema for my E46 325Ci (currently on staggered 18" MV1s) and have at least now made the decision that if I am going to go to the hassle of changing then it has to be to 19s.
I have narrowed it down to ACS Type 3 reps (same kind as on azza's M3 vert in the earlier post in this thread - god that car looks great) or CSL reps.

I like having the staggered setup, but as this isn't an option on reps I believe I can go 19s with 225/35/19 tyres all round with no fear of rubbing - someone please correct me if I'm wrong here ...

·
Registered
650 Posts
View attachment 5853

235/35/19 No rubbing issues at all, these were MV2 reps. No longer on the car as the tyres were too expensive, bought a full set of brand new 18" MV2 with tyres for the same price as 2 good quality 19" tyres!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts