BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 14.3 ratio sat nav HK system in the e46 to begin with and located a reasonably priced 16.9 wide screen to replace it with. Now in the boot i have the early BM24 module and im wondering what the compatibility of the 2 are? The reason i ask is because it play radio just fine but when loading a cd in behind the folding face it doesnt recognise a cd and goes straight over to radio again, does anyone have any idea why? The radio came from a facelift m3 if it makes a difference.

The other thing i have noticed is the original 14.3 wouldn't locate any tv stations which im assuming is because it is an early analogue box and they no longer broadcast that signal, would that also be the reason the 16.9 will not find any stations either?

The cd changer was also playing up before the swap and the new unit also will not recognise the changer. If any parts are still with the doner m3 what should i remove to really update the pre facelift as much as possible? I know everyone says go after market but the only ones compatible with the HK system is a Dynavin and i cant run to that at the moment so im staying genuine.

Should i grab -
Later BM54 processor
DVD sat nav
Latest cd changer
Bluetooth module with antenna and microphone

Anything else

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
590 Posts
Waste of time And money to be honest
Just go for a new pioneer double din or the like. More features and up to date.
Oe tv will only work if you get the hybrid tuner out of the 05 later cars which are £££.
Hk in the bmw is shite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts