BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have searched but cannot find the answer. I am picking up my 135 on Saturday and have told the dealer I want to be able to use my iPhone through the stereo and be able to control it via the steering wheel control. He told me they would fit a 'snap adapter'. The information I have found on the forum seems to suggest that the 'snap adapter' is for charging and improved reception, but not for music playback. Can anybody confirm this and tell me exactly what parts i need to get playback through the stereo and control via the steering wheel?

Thanks,

J

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
Just done a bit of research for you as modern BMW's are not my strong point! You are correct that the Snap Adapter is primarily for charging, syncing the phone contacts, and boosting the signal.

However, you can transfer music from your iPhone to the iDrive through the cradle.

From my research I found that:

"For the iPhone to transfer music to iDrive through the cradle you need the 6NF option and a 3G cradle. The iPhone music will appear on the music detection under a external device and as you go into it there will be all the music folders and play-lists."

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just got a 2010 model 123d M Sport, with Bluetooth & USB interface, but no i-Drive.
Fitting the iPhone in the snap-connector charges it & connects the phone part of it to the Professional headunit, but not the music part.
Plugging the phone into the USB connects the iPod part of it to the Professional headunit, and you can use the phone handsfree but not control the phone part through the stereo.

I am annoyed that BMW have not enabled the Bluetooth connector to operate the iPod function of the iPhone too.

Mr L :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.