BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just bought a 2nd hand 120d and noticed after purchase that the tyres on the rear are bigger than on the front. The front has 225/45R17 91w and the rear has 245/45ZR17 99w.

Both these sizes are bigger than what the door frame pressure chart lists and therefore i have no idea what the correct tyre pressures for these fitted ones should be. Would anyone be able to advise please or where i can get this info? Also the fact they are bigger doesn't affect anything else at all that i should be aware of does it?

Thanks in advance.

Daz

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Have a look on www.realoem.com and put the last 7 digits of your chassis number in and look at the wheel and tyre combinations available

:)

Welcome! BTW

:D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
PSI is set for the car not the tyre so even though there are slight differences on the door pillar sticker they are there and there abouts correct for your car regardless of tyre size (within reason)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
and what pressures do you set yours for please?
Alan's 320d pressures are irrelevant to your 1 Series

@Alan G I suspect if your 320d is an E90 its stock size tyres should be 225/45 front & 255/40 rear

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Alan's 320d pressures are irrelevant to your 1 Series

@Alan G I suspect if your 320d is an E90 its stock size tyres should be 225/45 front & 255/40 rear

Not stock mine are some style 68 i refurbished myself (always liked them had a set on my e46 some time back)..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts