BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I have just bought a 118d 2005 - guy said it was all good it seemed fine I drove it to see if it felt OK although it seemed a little slower than expected I took it as it was how they were . Since I investigated a ding noise ever time I set off . Noticing my clocks are loose I look into them to see they have been doctored to cover the warning lights :( I've removed them so now I can see the fault warning lights abs and dtc - button for dtc does nothing - car pulls of ok till 2ooo rpm then it's dead can anybody help me here please any help is appreciated - I've not had it code read yet

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Find the guy who sold it to you, ask nicely for a refund, take brothers/dad or friendly rugby club with you :)

OR

Take it on chin and next car you buy take someone with you, get the codes read on this one and sort it, I hope you're not driving it if the abs lights on, it's also a MOT fail...

·
Vendor
4,000 Posts
I see this all a lot

There are so many dishonest people out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
12,935 Posts
prolly got a duff abs sensor or pump needs scanning wiv INPA for codes might be a cheap fix if its just a wheel sensor...

but ide do the geeser that sold it you first one way or another ide cost him some serious cash if you know what i mean...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Id find out what it is quickly using a cheap code reader. If its a cheap fix and you got the car at a good price, then bite the bullet, you might have a well sorted car with very little investment.

If its more complex, Id go back and ask for money back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts