BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So basically, removing intake manifold, I vacuumed the holes making sure nothing fell there and 1 valve or hole in the intake was letting air through the other hole, and the rest 5 holes, didn't let it....and this happened twice where in the meantime, I started engine couple of times before removing it again. (making sure it is not coincidence)
so basically to be clear, there are 12 holes, 6 on the left and 6 on the right.

I was thinking this is how the valves in the engine stopped, but again, after puting it together and removing it again after running the engine, the same exact hole let the air through again and the rest don't, exactly like before!....what could that mean? is it normal? I heard, that when injectors fail, sometimes INPA won't show it, because there is electrical connection showing it's ok and that only manual inspection will show it is faulty? I heard it from someone testing the injectors.....so could this be it? is it possible I am only driving on 5 valves?

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
The intake valves on that cylinder are open and both of those channels lead to intake valve in the same cylinder. Rotate the engine manually from crank pulley or water pump and the same situation will move to another cylinder.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you but why is it always the same cylinder behaving this way?even after couple of engine starts as mentioned above. i am not an expert but can it mean something? could that by any chance mean something with injector?

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
More likely just coincidence that the engine stopped on same valves open. Like said you can rule it out by just rotating the engine by hand so those intake valves are closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts