BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm soon to be picking up my new 1 series convertible however I'm wondering if I should buy the servicing package.

I tend to keep BM's for a good few years so I'm sure it would save me a few quid. Anyone on here got the package and anyone wished they hadn't?

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
We have got a service package on my GF's 2006 Mini Cooper and whilst I hate our local dealer with a passion (nothing to do with this car - history) the service package is excelent and they have done quite a lot of work under the warranty.:thumbsup

This package is for five years, because it has been modified for her to drive (hand controls - it's automatic), we do not intend to get rid of it in a hurry.

When the service brought up requirement for new brakes they did not press us to have them done with them (it was not covered on the regular service plan). I bought the bits from Euro Car Parts and did them myself as the warranty is just about to run out anyway..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I used to have a bmw mini it was my first car but even now there is quite a difference in the price of a servicing package on a mini and a bmw, even the cost of servicing.

I've currently got a 330ci MSport convertible too but it's used so little that services are few and far between. Used a whole 8 years mini package in 5 years and 55k miles.

Can anyone who has a 1 series give me a rough guide to the servicing costs? Just having 2 5 series, 1 M3, 1 3 series and now a 1 series (soon to be joined with an M6) I know that servicing varies depnding on 4 or 6 cylinders, age and series.

I also change my brakes myself so things like that ain't important, I change them myself as I use EBC yellow stuff with grooved discs

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It could be because less miles requires more frequent servicing.
All my other BM's and my Mini were based on how you drive only things that needed doing were the brake fluid (every 2 years) and coolant but I managed to use a 80,000 mile service package in just under 5 years then.

it'll still need oil n filter every year...if you are mechanically sympathetic at all
Chaning the oil and the filters is not an issue, it has to be changed every 6 months or 6k miles on my CTR at the moment and do it every 4k with the 330 and the M3.

What I probably should of added is I'll probably do about 10k/12k miles and it's a 135i I'm getting. My other bm only does about 3k a year and my ctr which is 16 months old hard only done 9k but only did 5k in 1 year as it was a weekend toy too, however now need my car for work too hence the swap back to bm's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.