BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I friend of mine is buying a 1 today and she is wanting to know if there is any recalls or problems to look out for and or things to keep a eye on (It has about 70k on the clock, 05 plate, £7k)?

Thought i would ask you as this is like a bible for BMW Owners lol.

Cheers Guys :thumbsup

Stu

P.s will try and get her to be a member :hihi

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
no real probs with these motors...only 1 recall i can find.
a rear suspension control arm bolt needs looking at for cars built 07/04-05/05.
gearboxes can feel sticky,but at 70k hers should be nicely loose now.
other than that its normal 2nd hand stuff to check for.
no room in the back and zero room for shopping in the boot lol
but its got great handling.
good choice if its a 2nd car imo

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I friend of mine is buying a 1 today and she is wanting to know if there is any recalls or problems to look out for and or things to keep a eye on (It has about 70k on the clock, 05 plate, £7k)?

Thought i would ask you as this is like a bible for BMW Owners lol.

Cheers Guys :thumbsup

Stu

P.s will try and get her to be a member :hihi
diesel suffer from EGR probs, washer jets get bunged up, run flats are [email protected],

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there my rear washer is not working ( 1 series Dec 04 plate). I did hear from neighbour that has same car that washers do bung up and BMW advise there own washer fluid!!!???
Only other thing I know about is a recall ( not on all 1 series) re the cam chain tensioner. This needs a widget put on it to prevent possible probs later on. Only a precaution so no panic. The work is done by BMW and is absolutely free! ( that's a first!) All you need do is call local dealer with registration number and they will run it through and let you know if recalled?

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts