BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, new to this forum--enq re:bmw 1series. i have a merc class--but need to change the car for a 1 series 120d--however as i have 3 small children who i take out only during the weekend and the rest of the week i work for five days. would this car be feasible for 3 kids? or should i stick with a saloon--also i need something thats economical and this was the best car ive seen as sregrds to fuel consumption.

thanks

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
1 series are useless for practicality, yuo could barely put a KFC bucket in the back, let alone 3 kids (ok its not that small but you get the idea). Its also a pretty shoddy car to be wearing a BMW badge.

Save your time and invest your money into a 320d or even a non BMW. A VW Golf 2.0 TDi Sport with the 140bhp is a far superior and very practical quick car! (I'd much rather have a highly spec'd VW Golf 2.0tdi, Audi A4 2.5 TDi 163/180bhp than a BMW 1 or 3 series 2.0d.)

(Next weekend i'm taking my g/f to VW to get rid of her rubbish 120d and get a used VW Golf Gti).

·
Registered
217 Posts
As far as I know the 1 comes with three 3 point rear seat belts.
(kids safety comes first - comfort a close second)
How old/tall are the kids? do they need car seats/booster seats?

A car dealer will have no problem with you trying out your child seat combination to see if there is room on the back seat.

Do you feel like stretching in over the flipped front seats to get the kids out or can they do the seatbelts by themselves?

Me? go for the saloon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts