BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hardtop has a slight leak where the roof meets the screen frame and drivers window, i havnt unlocked it to look if there is a seal gone yet but is there any adjustment at this point? any help would be much appreciated

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
yes i have a pdf,

adjusting hard top pdf attached :)

Although re-reading this adjustment is for the back, and not the front like yours, but might help

i think the ht seal kit is quite expensive from bmw :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanx for that sam, looking at the diag on realom there isnt an actual seal on the roof so it must be on the windscreen frame so i`ll have a look for that, meanwhile i`ll have to wait till la weekend to have at look on the car, but thanx sam

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
No prob mate,

i dont know why i think this, but im sure i have seen a pdf for adjusting the front using shims of some sort,

The gap dimension pdf will show weather you gaps are to big and you need to adjust it,

i read in anouther post that the windscreen seal, on the car, is £19 but the HT seal kit is £250

Hopefully yours is just the windscreen seal,

you could always try lubricating your seals on the HT and windscreen with some silicone lube, i did that to mine before i but it on, should soften the rubber a bit. i used moleycote, dont know where you would buy it but we use it at work on ruber o-rings and gaskets. you could always pop round and grap a tube if you think it might help, :thumbsup

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i`ll take the roof off at the weekend and have a fettle and let you know :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts