BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 320d - 6891_seb project car...

Tags
6891seb
177K views 923 replies 116 participants last post by  RyRyE46 
#1 · (Edited)
Its about time that I started a thread for my pride 'n' joy. I have been thinking about starting one for quite a while as I've had the car since March 2009.

Although still in early stages, Its never going to become a completly different car, But my hope is that with my tweeks and little upgrades here and there I can make this my own and for it to be one cool looking E46.

As many of you, who know me, you will know that my ***TO BUY LIST*** is always big and forever growing :hihi

OK here she is...

As she looked from day 1, 100% standard:

Needed my first mod, so here is 35% tints rear:

Wanted German-style pressed plates w/plain black surrounds:

The side indicators were looking shabby and old:

Didnt like the fried-egg look:

Now for new matt-black grilles:

Black grilles and German plates:

Wanted new wheels, went for 18" CSL's:

A couple of new and improved pics:

Replaced the plain black surrounds with M-Power ones:

All of the above have really been done in the last 6 months. The new surrounds were only fitted yesterday!

My ICE so far consists of:

Alpine iDA-X305 - iPod/iPhone control:

Vibe CBR 10" Sub:

Right, thats its so far, as of 17th April 2010 :thumbsup

My ***TO BUY LIST*** in no order is as follows:

* Eibach pro lowering springs
* 5000k white angel eyes
* Armrest
* Chrome Dials
* Upgrade ICE - front components first on the list
* New wheel badges
* New black OEM mats
* New stainless steel rear half system twin exhaust
* Lip spoiler
* HID kit
* Something to change front fogs - maybe blue film??

I swear it was longer! :confused I will edit and add things as they come back into my head :hihi

Since owning the car, it has and will be serviced every 10k, I always use Castrol edge oil and the servicing is all done by a fellow member! ;) The swirl flaps are now history as these got removed and replaced with PMW blanking plates. Recently needed new front bushes, so opted for powerflex ones! My hope that this car will never want for anything. I will always try and use the best parts that I can afford. So lets see another D.E.R.V on this forum come close to the quarter million mark! :thumbsup:D

Well thats it!....Any coments/feedback good or bad welcome!

.....But they best be good! :rofl

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks to everybody so far for the comments! :D

You wont believe me, there not my nails!!!!!!! :rofl

Ebay mate...the way forward. :thumbsup

Hi seb where did you get that grill from.

Thanks naz
Cheers Naz....got them from ebay mate ;)

#16 ·
At current I have a horrible traditional diesel 'nose-down' exhaust! :thumbsdown

Im thinking something on the lines of THIS :thumbsup

#20 ·
:eek:eek:eek....knew I forgot something :mad will edit 2moro :D Thanks matey!

The eibachs are definatly the next purchase...:thumbsup

#25 ·
Did consider a re-map some time ago. But decided against it. Just as the fact I currently do a fair bit of miles, and I just down want to put extra strain on the engine. I no its never going to be a race car, so am quite happy with the current 150bhp. But never say never ;)

#28 ·
Big Big thanks to all you guys who have taken the time to read the thread and have posted up comments.....:goodvibes:applause

Legal - in one word 'no'...as they are show plates but I have never had any problem! ;)

#30 ·
CCFL Angel eyes fitted...

Ok yesterday went to the Cambridge meet and a very helpful member ;):D helped me fit my angel eyes (Ok he did 90% of the work :hihi)

Im very happy with them...

#31 ·
Good work Seb! :thumbsup

Had a read through the whole thread and the car really has taken quite a transformation :cool

Keep up the good work!

Look frward to seeing this at DC10 :thumbsup

Reactions: 6891_seb
#33 ·
Yes mate, the same goes for your car!! :cool:cool

Great work seb! Bet no one would fit my ccfls.. got to take the bumper off to do it! Haha!

All you need are some coilovers! ;)
Still undecided may save a lil cash and just go for eibach pro kit all round! :shifty::shifty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.